Real Estate Settlement Services
We are an experienced, full-service real estate settlement law firm that has worked with lenders, loan originators, realtors, buys, and sellers for over 40 years to ensure seamless residential and commercial real estate transaction. Our attorneys recognize that the key to keeping real estate closings simple is to be involved from beginning to end—which means that one of our high-experienced attorneys works on every file and attends every closing, at no additional cost to the client!
Our attorneys are Pennsylvania licensed Title Insurance Agents and Notary Public. Also, since they are practicing attorneys they carry full Professional Liability Insurance. Our attorneys are underwritten by Fidelity National Financial, Inc., a Fortune 500 company, and the United States’ largest provider of commercial and residential title insurance. With over 160 years in operation, Fidelity is one of the most trusted and well-recognized title insurance providers.
We do the followng as part of our real estate settlement services:
- Deed preparation—All deeds are prepared by experienced paralegals and reviewed by attorneys.
- 60 Year Title Search—Other settlement companies may perform 24 month, or 30 year searches, we only perform 60 year searches on properties to give our clients peace of mind, and at no additional cost to the client!
- Property Tax Certifications—In order to ensure that the buyer is receiving a clear title on their property, we obtain property tax certifications from all the local taxing bodies.
- Judgment and Lien Searches—We will search the indexes to ensure that the buyer and seller do not have judgments entered against them. Further, we will make sure that there are no liens against the property, and if we find some, we will resolve them prior to closing.
- Bankruptcy, Child Support, and Alimony Searches—We will search the bankruptcy and family law dockets to ensure that neither the buyer nor the seller have an unreported bankruptcy or owe unreported child support or alimony.
We will travel to most counties for closings. The counties we work in the most and have a dedicated team of title abstractors are Allegheny, Westmoreland, Butler, Armstrong, Washington, and Fayette; however, we can work and provide settlement services anywhere in Pennsylvania.